• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Understanding Disk Quota On Plesk

T

thepixelage

Hi Guys,

I'm totally confuse with all this disk quota thing on plesk. Let me try to list out what I understand.

Case 1
~~~~~
I have a client who want a 150mb of hosting space.

Solution
~~~~~~
I set up this new account on Plesk.

Under Clients Limit, I make sure I set the following:-

Disk Space: 150 mb

Set the mailbox quota: 153,600 kb (1024 x 150)

I then set up the domain name and under the Limits for domain. I can see that is taking the limits from my client, which is good.

Next I go to Physical hosting setup page for domain.

I make sure that under Hard disk quota, I put 150mb.

This ensure that the client can only upload up to 150mb of file size.

I create 2 new email account and I set the mailbox quota to the following:-

50,000kb for account 1 (about 50mb)
50,000kb for account 2 (about 50mb)

So, what does all this mean?

1) Does it mean, the client actually, can use 150mb of server space + 100mb for the email account? or

2) Client can only use up to 150mb of server space. the 100mb for the email account will be taken from the 150mb. ie, if their webpages takes up 60mb. Logically, the email will only allow up to 90mb only? Basically, the email and webpages are sharing the total server space.

Which is which?

So, what does all this mean?

1) Does it mean, the client actually, can use 150mb of server space + 100mb for the email account? or

2) Client can only use up to 150mb of server space. the 100mb for the email account will be taken from the 150mb. ie, if their webpages takes up 60mb. Logically, the email will only allow up to 90mb only? Basically, the email and webpages are sharing the total server space.

Which is which? [/B]

The second interpretaion is right on the mark. 150MB is the allocated disk space for every thing for a client includng email and web files/pages.

Back