• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Undocumented and wrong declared updates done although automated updates are disabled!

andre.spindler

Basic Pleskian
Hello I have Plesk 11.5.30 running on CentOS 6.5.

Today MU#37 was installed, but automated updates are disabled. Please tell why!
In configuration there is mentioned that critical security updates are installed anyway. I wanted to check this out, but at the moment the plesk knowledge base didn't find a microupdate #37 for plesk 11.5.30. Only for 11.0.9 and 10.4.4.
So there are updates installed on production systems BEFORE documentation is available!

Before I stated that security fixes are installed anyway. There has been installed MU36 for 11.5.30 automatically.
Look into the KB article: http://kb.parallels.com/en/120537

The following issues were resolved:

[-] Users could not add a CNAME record of a subdomain to the DNS zone of the main domain. ( PPPM-1009)
[-] IIS sites remained inactive after completion of server backup with the option "Suspend domains until backup task is completed". (PPPM-718, PPPM-46)
[-] Users could not create a subscription for a domain name that coincided with the Plesk server's host name. (PPPM-1462)

Summary by Parallels:

The 11.5.30 MU#36 update is recommended for all PP users and includes general functionality fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your PP server.

Ah, some bugs now become a security fix - ???

By just incorrectly declaring sume bugfixes as a security fix this enforces all installations to install this update.
Does this mean that there are also criticical security fixes included in this update to legitimate a required update? And this is an act of cowardice by parallels not telling us about?

Please explain this.

André

Last edited by a moderator:
Back