• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Undocumented and wrong declared updates done although automated updates are disabled!

andre.spindler

Basic Pleskian
Hello I have Plesk 11.5.30 running on CentOS 6.5.

Today MU#37 was installed, but automated updates are disabled. Please tell why!
In configuration there is mentioned that critical security updates are installed anyway. I wanted to check this out, but at the moment the plesk knowledge base didn't find a microupdate #37 for plesk 11.5.30. Only for 11.0.9 and 10.4.4.
So there are updates installed on production systems BEFORE documentation is available!

Before I stated that security fixes are installed anyway. There has been installed MU36 for 11.5.30 automatically.
Look into the KB article: http://kb.parallels.com/en/120537

The following issues were resolved:

[-] Users could not add a CNAME record of a subdomain to the DNS zone of the main domain. ( PPPM-1009)
[-] IIS sites remained inactive after completion of server backup with the option "Suspend domains until backup task is completed". (PPPM-718, PPPM-46)
[-] Users could not create a subscription for a domain name that coincided with the Plesk server's host name. (PPPM-1462)

Summary by Parallels:

The 11.5.30 MU#36 update is recommended for all PP users and includes general functionality fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your PP server.

Ah, some bugs now become a security fix - ???

By just incorrectly declaring sume bugfixes as a security fix this enforces all installations to install this update.
Does this mean that there are also criticical security fixes included in this update to legitimate a required update? And this is an act of cowardice by parallels not telling us about?

Please explain this.

André

Last edited by a moderator:
Back