• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Try to update 11.5 to 12.0.18 but KB doesn't work.

Jean-PhilippeE

New Pleskian
Hi everyOne,

I try to follow this: KB: Customer & Business Manager stuck on post-upgrade processing like the warning tell me to do:

Code:
Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
WARNING: SSO start-up script has wrong execution priority. Please, check http://kb.parallels.com/en/112666 for more details.

But I try to proceed the first step (for Centos 6.5):

Code:
[root@mydomain conf.d]# for i in `find /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/ -type f -name *sso-cpserver.conf`; do mv $i $i.moved.kb.112666; done
[root@mydomain conf.d]# rpm -q sw-sso | xargs rpm -e --nodeps --justdb
[root@mydomain conf.d]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components
Doing restart of Parallels Installer...

BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
[root@mydomain conf.d]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components
Doing restart of Parallels Installer...

BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
[root@mydomain conf.d]# /usr/share/plesk-billing/integration --command=install
The Customer & Business Manager is already installed. Nothing to do.
[root@mydomain conf.d]# /usr/share/plesk-billing/integration --command=repair-all
Checking integration with task manager:
    Setting up integration with task manager..........................[   OK   ]

Checking Single Sign-On service configuration:
    Checking current SSO mode.........................................[   OK   ]

Checking the local Panel properties in Business Manager:
    Checking the Panel administrator's credentials and access point...[   OK   ]

Setting up the SSO connection between Business Manager and the control panels:
    Disconnecting Business Manager from the SSO service...............[   OK   ]
    Checking the SSO database.........................................[   OK   ]
    Connecting Business Manager to the SSO service....................[   OK   ]
    Connecting the panel 'Local Parallels Plesk Panel server (mydomaine.com)' to the SSO service[   OK   ]

Checking administrative accounts:
    #1 admin (admin)......................................[   OK   ]
    #2 Store User (admin_ezorder).....................................[   OK   ]

Checking the integration with the local Panel:
    Setting up integration............................................[   OK   ]

I got the same warning.

Now I have try the second step: (If it is not fixed, then:)

Code:
[root@mydomain conf.d]# for i in `find /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/ -type f -name *sso-cpserver.conf`; do mv $i $i.moved.kb.112666; done
[root@mydomain conf.d]# dpkg --force-all -r sw-sso
-bash: dpkg : commande introuvable
[root@mydomain conf.d]# yum install dpkg
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: mirror.steadfast.net
 * epel: mirrors.mit.edu
 * extras: mirror.steadfast.net
 * rpmforge: repoforge.mirror.constant.com
 * updates: mirror.steadfast.net
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package dpkg.x86_64 0:1.15.5.6-6.el6 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

=======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                                              Arch                                                                   Version                                                                        Repository                                                            Size
=======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 dpkg                                                                 x86_64                                                                 1.15.5.6-6.el6                                                                 epel                                                                 1.0 M

Transaction Summary
Install       1 Package(s)

Total download size: 1.0 M
Installed size: 5.2 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
dpkg-1.15.5.6-6.el6.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  | 1.0 MB     00:00     
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
Warning: RPMDB altered outside of yum.
** Found 1 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
plesk-billing-11.5.30-20130620.14.noarch has missing requires of sw-sso >= ('0', '2.18', None)
  Installing : dpkg-1.15.5.6-6.el6.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          1/1 
  Verifying  : dpkg-1.15.5.6-6.el6.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          1/1 

Installed:
  dpkg.x86_64 0:1.15.5.6-6.el6                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Complete!
[root@mydomain conf.d]# dpkg --force-all -r sw-sso
dpkg: impossible d'accéder au répertoire administratif de dpkg: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

[root@mydomain conf.d]# rpm -q sw-sso | xargs rpm -e --nodeps --justdb
xargs: guillemets simple non appairés ; par défaut les guillemets sont particuliers à xargs à moins d'utiliser l'option -0
erreur: le paquetage le n'est pas installé
erreur: le paquetage paquetage n'est pas installé
erreur: le paquetage sw-sso n'est pas installé

Any idea?

thank you!
thank you!

I'm not sure for what you have installed Debian-like package manager dpkg on RedHat-like OS and how this warning (not error) affects your upgrade procedure?

thanks for you reply!

I'm not sure for what you have installed Debian-like package manager dpkg on RedHat-like OS
Because I have try to execute the second part of the code and I don't have this package to do this procedure.

and how this warning (not error) affects your upgrade procedure?
It's just because I don't want to break my server! I don't know what this warning reflects during the update and if it's important or not.

If you tell me that is not a problem and the update can proceed with this warning, it's ok

Thank you for your time!

Hi Jean-Philippe

This is exactly the same problem that is showing in my server when trying to upgrade from 11.5.30 Update 47. I didn't try the steps in the KB because that file in /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/ was missing. Instead IgorG advised to remove, or at least disable sso and try upgrading again, but since this is a production server, I am reluctant to do so, unless really necessary.

Can you please update the status of you issue here, if you managed to solve it or not, and if yes, how?

Thanks in advance,
Ronald

@IgorG : Are you sure I can make the update? I juste won't to break my server with this.
I'm not sure, but I think that it shouldn't lead to serious consequences, especially if you do not use CBM. Anyway, these possible consequences can be fixed more easily after finishing upgrade.

Back