• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Unzipped Backup Problem

Stone Fist

New Pleskian
I have a Plesk backup but it is not zipped as usually do. I zipped all those files as backup_info_1709131439.xml.zip but it gives the following error: Error: Unable to upload backup_info_1709131439.xml.zip to the server storage: Unable to import file as dump: The file you are trying to upload is not a valid backup file

Any help would be appreciated

upload_2019-12-4_20-24-26.png

Try to build backup file with the following method:

# plesk sbin pmm-ras --export-dump-as-file --dump-specification=backup_info_1709131439.xml --dump-file-specification=/root/backup.tar

plesk sbin pmm-ras --export-dump-as-file --dump-specification=backup_info_1709131439.xml --dump-file-specification=/root/backup.tar
Thank you for the answer.

My Plesk installed on a Windows Server 2016 and when I try to run this comand it says "'plesk' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.". Should I execute this line on a Linux system?

Also in this support article, it states that "A Plesk xml.tar backup file cannot be restored in Plesk for Windows Server." Even if succesfully build with this command I am not sure if I will be able to restore it on the Plesk for Windows.
How to restore a Plesk xml.tar/xml.zip backup file on another Plesk server

Still the same

raven@raven:~/Downloads/backups/2017_last_backup$ readlink -f backup_info_1709131439.xml
/home/raven/Downloads/backups/2017_last_backup/backup_info_1709131439.xml

raven@raven:~/Downloads/backups/2017_last_backup$ sudo plesk sbin pmm-ras --export-dump-as-file --dump-specification=/home/raven/Downloads/backups/2017_last_backup/backup_info_1709131439.xml --dump-file-specification=/root/backup.tar
Transport error: File 'backup_info_1709131439.xml' not found
exit status 127

Back