• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update 11.0.10 failed (phpmyadmin controluser password format)

betrazivis

New Pleskian
Update 11.0.9 failed (phpmyadmin controluser password format)

The Update to Plesk 11.0.9 failed with the errormessage

Code:
ERROR while trying to upgrade MySQL password format for phpMyAdmin control user

I have a phpadmin controluser which has the mySQL Password Format for MySQL 4.1+. I just deleted the user, but the same error again. How can I do the update?

Last edited:
Make sure that the Plesk phpMyAdmin user exists in mysql.user table and having correct password and privileges.
User-name (controluser) and password (controlpass) can be found in /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/libraries/config.default.php file.

Thank you. It works!
I had my own phpMyadmin and my own controluser which was not the same as in the plesk one. I edited the file with my data and it worked!

What is the user to choose? (user of my file not existing) or what are the good privileges to set if i have to add it?

Repaired by the bootstrapper, and update done. Now my login page loops on the "continue button" with a "relay" link address...

disabling sso did the trick.

How to update password scheme for plesk billing and sitebuilder please?

Make sure that the Plesk phpMyAdmin user exists in mysql.user table and having correct password and privileges.
User-name (controluser) and password (controlpass) can be found in /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/libraries/config.default.php file.

I was getting the aforementioned error on a new Plesk 11.0.9:
Making sure that the user, password and db mentioned in this file were correct in MySQL fixed my problem!!

Thank you for this!!!

Back