• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question update and more update

webstudio19

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
I
I'm not a systems engineer, Plesk offers me about 80 updates from the panel, but I don't know which are important and which are less,

Is it possible to crash Plesk with some update, or to send an error to some incompatible site?

How should I adjust to prioritize important updates?

It'll probably be o.k. to just mention 10 or so. It's probably just some minor updates of operating system components.

The content of the zip file shows as an Excel file here. Unfortunately for security reasons I cannot open such files. Maybe you could just post a few text lines as text in a post here in the forum?

Hi,

Based on the number of updates, I had an assumption that we were not talking about Plesk extensions. I have used online tool to open the .xls file. The assumption is confirmed :)

It is mostly about updates for the operating system, not Plesk (there are also updates for PHP packages from Plesk).
My advice usually in such cases: if in doubt, it is always better to make a full backup of the server and make sure that you can restore the server using this backup copy.

Here is just one page from the Excel file,
1702373682792.png

Back