• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update DNS Zones for all domains from DNS Template

AndreasY

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

in previous version of plesk the dnsmng.exe tool could be used to rebuild all of the domain zone files

"%plesk_bin%\dnsmng.exe" update *

This tool is no longer in the same directory but is found here

%plesk_dir%\admin\bin

But when I run the tool with the same command, it looks to be doing something, but when I check the domain zone files they have NOT been updated.

So whats the score ?

Has the tool changed ?

Thanks

Hi,

could you provide you current plesk version and latest plesk version where this command works for you?

Which dns server do you use? MsDNS or BIND?

Hi,

could you provide you current plesk version and latest plesk version where this command works for you?

Hi!

I dont have access to Plesk 8.6 anymore, that version it worked

MS DNS

We are currently using Plesk 12.0.18 Update #3, last updated at June 3

Link to original source

http://kb.parallels.com/en/154

After adding the records to the Plesk database, it is necessary to rebuild all of the domain zone files by running the following command:
Windows:

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

Hi,

Hi!

I dont have access to Plesk 8.6 anymore, that version it worked

We are currently using Plesk 12.0.18 Update #3, last updated at June 3

MS DNS

Link to original source

http://kb.parallels.com/en/154

After adding the records to the Plesk database, it is necessary to rebuild all of the domain zone files by running the following command:
Windows:

Thanks

Hello,
The solution provided in the KB is not actual for PPCP 8.6.0 and higher - the SOA serial format is not taken from the psa.misc in the modern versions. BTW the command:
is still actual and updates DNS zones with data taken from psa database. But if there are no changes made in the psa database there are no changes in the DNS zones except increased serial.

As I understand you need command to reset all DNS zones by the server DNS template. You can do it with dns.exe CLI utility for every [sub]domain/domain_alias:
"%plesk_cli%\dns.exe" --reset domain.tld -ip 1.2.3.4
SUCCESS: Restoring the DNS zone by the template for Domain 'domain.tld' complete.

There is no ability to reset all DNS zones at once.

Hello,
The solution provided in the KB is not actual for PPCP 8.6.0 and higher - the SOA serial format is not taken from the psa.misc in the modern versions. BTW the command:
is still actual and updates DNS zones with data taken from psa database. But if there are no changes made in the psa database there are no changes in the DNS zones except increased serial.

As I understand you need command to reset all DNS zones by the server DNS template. You can do it with dns.exe CLI utility for every [sub]domain/domain_alias:
"%plesk_cli%\dns.exe" --reset domain.tld -ip 1.2.3.4
SUCCESS: Restoring the DNS zone by the template for Domain 'domain.tld' complete.

There is no ability to reset all DNS zones at once.
Thank you ever so much for this information.

You dont happen to have a script which we can use to parse a list of domains to a txt file then feed that to the cli utility ?

Thanks

-- EDIT --

Is this CLI valid for Plesk 12 ???

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.5/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-win-cli/

-- EDIT2 --

Found the document

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP12/12.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-win-cli/

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello.
You can get list of all domains, addon domains and subdomains using such command:
"%plesk_cli%\domain.exe" -l
Then you can use it by any script you want, for example in your case (Replace "1.2.3.4" to your IP):

"%plesk_cli%/domain" -l > domains.txt
for /F %%i in (domains.txt) Do (
call "%plesk_cli%\dns.exe" --reset %%i -ip 1.2.3.4
)

Back