• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Update error

comment out the lines with PHP72 and PHP73, those are not supported anymore and somebody apparently reorganized the autoinstall plesk server on Aug 17 (for php72) and September 8 (for php73), removing the jessie distfiles and breaking the plesk scripts in the process. That somebody should be ashamed of themselves for making things harder than necessary.
After running the pre stage - which wants to ensure that the system is as up to date as jessie can be - put those lines back in, changing jessie to stretch.

BTW, are you really on Plesk Onyx?

Hi Mow, thanks for your feedback.

We installed Plesk Obsidian last April. Maybe some old configuration was still on the server :/

Anyway, folks. We were about to comment out those lines (Just as Mow recommended), but before do that, we had 2 extra issues in our server:

Once we run both solutions, magically our script

/opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_pre.x64.sh

started to work like a charm !

Right now our server is starting to migrate from Debian 8 to Debian 9 using

/opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9.x64.sh

Hope these tips can help you

All the best !

Thanks to @mow for the tip!

I just dealt with a server that was already running Obsidian on Debian Jessie (8.11) and wasn't able to perform system updates via Plesk or apt.
The points suggested by @it_geeksme did not make a change for me.
But commenting out PHP72_17 and PHP73_17 in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk.list did the job.

Afterwards "apt update" completed normally, I was able to update all system packages via Plesk.
And then I updated from Jessie to Stretch following the instructions at How to perform dist-upgrade procedure on Linux server with Plesk?
without any issues...

By the way, I did not have to make any change to /etc/apt/sources.list as suggested in other threads.

Cheers,

Christian

Back