• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update from 12.0.18 Update #2 to 12.0.18 Update #3 Server health issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex--

New Pleskian
After updating to the new #3 update i'm seeing the following weird server health issues reporting:

First it showed all Services as problematic, now it only keeps stating CPU Total Usage 17597433.7% used

Attachments

• pleksserverhealth1.jpg
    pleksserverhealth1.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 27
  • pleksserverhealth2.jpg
    pleksserverhealth2.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I have checked and found that bug PPP-932 is not fixed yet. Fix is planned for next Plesk version.

The problem in that we do not convert jiffies into percent. CPU plugin report data as JIFFIES, not percent.

From collectd FAQ http://collectd.org/faq.shtml()
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't the CPU states sum up to 100%?
Because the CPU plugin does not collect the CPU usage in percent, but rather in "jiffies". A jiffy is the time-unit which the scheduler in the operating systems uses to manage run times of applications. Under Linux, the default configuration is to have 100 jiffies per second, which leads many users to believe they're getting a percentage. You can, however, configure your kernel at compile time to use 250 or 1000 jiffies per second, usually resulting in a more responsive system but IO-throughput is decreased. Especially on busy systems, virtual systems and systems with a "tickless kernel" there may not always be the exact number of intended jiffies in one second, resulting in the variance you've notice in the graphs.
By the way, that you see this issue in collectd but not in other similar tools is due to the fact that collectd collects data much more frequently. Over the timespan of five minutes these variations usually even out pretty good and you're being sold a percentage but actually get - jiffies…
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok thanks Igor, I reverted back to update 2, and haven't experienced the problems there. So we'll wait for update 4. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back