• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved update plesk onyx with error

Unfortunately, this request to Plesk support does not accept direct support requests from me, because my license belongs to the VPS purchased at 1and1.it and so they say to address my hosting.
But I do not think they are able to solve this problem, or at most they will say to address Plesk support.
I will become a ping-pong ball.
FWIW @Remigio we have Cloud Servers (not VPS) with 1and1 and yes at first it appears that may be the case. i.e Solve any Plesk related problems through 1and1. However that's not 100% correct if you're willing to do a bit more investigation, well it wasn't for us anyway. You can take on a Plesk subscription yourself, then this will be reflected in your Plesk Licence number and therefore, you can go direct to Plesk for support rather than going via 1and1. We know, because that's what we did. Works perfectly and haven't had an issue that they (Plesk Direct Support) haven't quickly been able to resolve so far. Your VPS experience may vary, but just in case you didn't know...

Check plesk as self for updates
Code:
# plesk installer install-all-updates

then run the autoinstaller for the upgrade

No, you install the updates with the plesk installer via shell.

After this you run the upgrade if you want to.

sorry I don't understand:
plesk installer install-all-updates
and after? command?
with command # plesk installer can I feel comfortable?
or this command delete all plesk with related components and....:(

Last edited:
I will setup an virtual mashine to reproduce this issue.

I will publish the results here.

Step by step:

1.Download Plesk Installer:
Code:
wget https://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer
2.Add execution permissions to Plesk Installer:
Code:
chmod +x plesk-installer
3.Launch Plesk Installer with the command below:
Code:
./plesk-installer --web-interface
(If you have permission problems, change user to root)
Code:
su root
4.Run plesk-installer with option to install all available updates
Code:
./plesk-installer install-all-updates

Just keep waiting till it's finished, then run the upgrade again, and test if it works now.

Just keep waiting till it's finished, then run the upgrade again, and test if it works now.
I'm sorry, I'm explain better.
in putty/ssh it's all stop, so I cannot done nothing. So I've to install plesk from 100asa.it:8447 (it's right)
but my question is: this procedure what does it do? install new plesk release, update, format, delete..... what does it do?

We install all updates for your installed plesk @your system, after this you can try to run the upgrade to plesk 17.8 again.

Connect via ssh to your system, run
Code:
./plesk-installer install-all-updates

It should not freeze, just keep waiting, it can keep some time.

You can close the other sessions before you run this.

I've login into 100asa.it:8447, try to update plesk element, but same issue
now via putty I've run the command ./plesk-installer install-all-updates with result:
root@100asa:~# ./plesk-installer install-all-updates

ERROR: Unknown command: install-all-updates
Use the 'help' command without arguments to get the list of available commands.

I've also tried command plesk installer, and have:
root@100asa:~# plesk installer

BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
exit status 1
so I've follow this post: Plesk Installer: Update operation was locked by another update process
with success. After killed process pending, I've run plesk installer, and I've the attached image.
And now? I'm sure to proceed or delete all my website?

Attachments

• 2018-08-31 (3).png
    2018-08-31 (3).png
    197.9 KB · Views: 3
I am now downloading the backup locally (about 5 gig), because I fear that this procedure will delete and install ex-novo plesk entirely.
Can you try out locally on your trial debian what happens with "plesk installer" command: if it just upgrade or install everything from 0?

Error: The list of packages can not be obtained: 2018-08-30 08:41:56 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json'] 2018-08-30 08:41:57 ERROR: E:The repository 'Atomicorp stretch Release' does not have a Release file.

I'm on debian 9.5

I would hazard a guess you are using Modsecurity. The atomicorp ruleset isn't yet supported on debian 9.
Try to disable the atomicorp repo (temporarily) and see if that resolves your problem.
Or switch to Comodo modsecurity. May also do the trick.

Cheers,
Tom

Back