• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update / Renew SSL Certificate not updating sites

NeilWalden

New Pleskian
I have a number of sites running on the same subdomain for which I own a wildcard ssl certificate. I have one main certificate set up in plesk which all the sites use. I've just renewed the certificate and uploaded the two new certificate files to plesk via 'tools & settings' and it seems to update ok, but when I access the sites I see they are all using the old copy of the certificate still.

I have a couple of other servers running older versions of plesk and this worked fine just uploading the files, but it doesn't work in plesk 12.

I've tried re configuring one of the domains to see if that helped and I get the following error:

Syntax error on line 217 of /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/server.conf:
SSLCertificateFile: file '/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/cert-T4xDqf' does not exist or is empty

Also on a possibly related issue I've noticed that on the plesk 12 server new websites I set up are not assigned the certificate despite it being set as the default, I have to go in manually and select it from the dropdown. Again this worked on previous versions of plesk.

Any help greatly appreciated, mainly on updating the existing certificate but it would be nice to know if the default assignment to new sites can be fixed also.

Thanks in advance!

Back