• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update to 8.4.0. fails.

R

Rdx

Hi,

I was trying to update to 8.4.0. But then I got an error:
package psa-hotfix4-8.4.0-suse10.2.build84080514.19 is already installed
ERROR: Unable to install the requested packages because of package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please, contact product technical support.

Deleting this package with rpm -e [pack] says that it can't be deleted duo the dependency from psa-8.4.0.
Its not that big problem, but my mail server does nothing right now. I've read all the forums and searched for a total of 6 hours but all solutions are not working for me. First of all I don't have a "mail_auth_dump" file stored anywhere so that thing can't fix my problem, and my current passwd.db is empty. (KB5436)

Now was my first solution; install the rest by hand. But getting the rest of all the packages that are not installed doesn't work. It gives me warnings about md5 checksums and at the end it does not put anything to the screen.

Anyone a idea how to fix or can anyone help? Thanks. :)

Fixed

I've fixed the issue by using RPM -e [package hotfix] --nodeps. Then re-upgrading. Everything was on air after some nervous minutes. :)

Back