• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Update to Onyx with Opendkim already installed breaks default plesk dkim signing

Bjorn

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Plesk 17.5.3 CentOS 7

I recently updated to Plesk Onyx, i already manually installed Opendkim and this shouldn't be a problem, see:
Resolved - Upgrading to Onyx: what if I already have OpenDKIM installed?

The selector i used for my manual install is 'dkim'.

But when i enable dkim for a domain through: Plesk->domain->mail settings, the dkim signing fails with the following error:

no signing table match for '[email protected]'

When i add the domain to DKIM with my custom script, all is ok.

I want to disable my manual installed dkim setup and use the Plesk way completely.
Any advice how to accomplish this?

Regards,
Bjorn

Please try to find all extra packages in the output of command:

# rpm -qa | grep -i dkim

and remove them. On my test Plesk server with enabled DKIM spam protection I see only:

# rpm -qa | grep -i dkim
libopendkim-2.11.0-0.1.el6.x86_64
perl-Mail-DKIM-0.39-8.el7.noarch

After removing packages of your custom OpenDKIM installation run

# plesk repair mail

Just a related question.
I never used Plesk's dkim and have installed it with
Code:
apt install opendkim opendkim-tools

Because I am not running DNS on the Plesk server that's also running the website/mail, but on a seperate Plesk server, I have my own scheme.
It's a system with 2 keys published in DNS and a weekly rotation.

The question here is.
Will I run the risk that Plesk destroys my setup in a future update?
Can I do something to prevent it?

The question here is.
Will I run the risk that Plesk destroys my setup in a future update?
Can I do something to prevent it?
Yes, that possibility exists. The consequences of using non-standard Plesk configurations are always unpredictable, and you must understand this risk.
Preventing possible problems and protecting your custom configurations is your task. It is possible that the use of immutable status and chattr utility for custom configurations will help you in this, but then the problems with Plesk updates are very likely.

Back