• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Update to Plesk Onyx Apache Error

DwieDave

New Pleskian
Hello,
Today I saw in my Plesk 12.5 that there is an update available for Onyx 17.0
I tried to install it but I got the following errors:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
apache2-mpm-event : Depends: apache2 (= 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.13) but 2.4.23-5.0+deb.sury.org~trusty+2 is to be installed
apache2-mpm-prefork : Depends: apache2 (= 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.13) but 2.4.23-5.0+deb.sury.org~trusty+2 is to be installed​

I updated apache to use HTTP/2 but now I can't update Plesk... is there a way to downgrade apache or disable Plesks check for this?

Best regards
David

Hi DwieDave,

you added the additional ppa - source
Code:
ppa:ondrej/apache2
( and probably other ppa's as well from "Ondřej Surý" ) but this apache2 - version conflicts with the OS - vendor - php5-module for your apache2 - webserver and depending Plesk packages can't be used now.

You have two choices now: Either remove the "Ondřej Surý" - ppa's and consider to use the standard OS - vendor versions for "trusty", or pls. configure your system - PHP5/PHP7 - versions and apache2 on your own and waive the support of different ( depending ) Plesk components. Due to the fact, that a manual configuration for your system - PHP5/PHP7 - versions and apache2 - version is not an easy administration task, pls. consider to contact an advanced linux administrator ( or the Plesk support at => https://www.plesk.com/contact-us/support/#content-body ) to achive this goal.
Pls. be informed, that Plesk supports only OS - vendor - sources by default and additional deb - sources ( Debian/Ubuntu ) should only be used based on your linux administration knowledge.

To downgrade to software packages from your OS - vendor on Debian/Ubuntu - based operating systems, pls. make sure to delete additional ( non - standard ) deb - sources at "/etc/apt/sources.list" and remove additional ( non-plesk-related ) sources - lists in the folder "/etc/apt/sources.list.d". Afterwards, pls. use the ssh - command ( logged in as user "root" ) "apt-get clean && apt-get update", to make sure, that all your actual defined sources are up-to-date and downgrade for example "apache2" with the command:

aptitude install apache2 apache2-mpm-event apache2-mpm-prefork
( I recommend the "aptitude" - command, instead of "apt-get", because "aptitude" will offer you possible solutions, in case of dependencies issues )

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi DwieDave,

you added the additional ppa - source "ppa:eek:ndrej/apache2" ( and probably other ppa's as well from "Ondřej Surý" ) but this apache2 - version conflicts with the OS - vendor - php5-module for your apache2 - webserver and depending Plesk packages can't be used now.

You have two choices now: Either remove the "Ondřej Surý" - ppa's and consider to use the standard OS - vendor versions for "trusty", or pls. configure your system - PHP5/PHP7 - versions and apache2 on your own and waive the support of different ( depending ) Plesk components. Due to the fact, that a manual configuration for your system - PHP5/PHP7 - versions and apache2 - version is not an easy administration task, pls. consider to contact an advanced linux administrator ( or the Plesk support at => https://www.plesk.com/contact-us/support/#content-body ) to achive this goal.
Pls. be informed, that Plesk supports only OS - vendor - sources by default and additional deb - sources ( Debian/Ubuntu ) should only be used based on your linux administration knowledge.

To downgrade to software packages from your OS - vendor on Debian/Ubuntu - based operating systems, pls. make sure to delete additional ( non - standard ) deb - sources at "/etc/apt/sources.list" and remove additional ( non-plesk-related ) sources - lists in the folder "/etc/apt/sources.list.d". Afterwards, pls. use the ssh - command ( logged in as user "root" ) "apt-get clean && apt-get update", to make sure, that all your actual defined sources are up-to-date and downgrade for example "apache2" with the command:

aptitude install apache2 apache2-mpm-event apache2-mpm-prefork
( I recommend the "aptitude" - command, instead of "apt-get", because "aptitude" will offer you possible solutions, in case of dependencies issues )

WOW! Thank you that was a very good guide!
I achieved to downgrade apache and undo my HTTP/2 changes and voilla! Everything worked!
Dankeschön!

Back