• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update to v12 problem (It broke!)

Dave-Brown

New Pleskian
I just tried to update from 11.0xxx to 12.

It was running through the web interface and boom, got this error.

Code:
Installation started in background
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* addons: n1plmirror02.shr.prod.ams1.secureserver.net
* atomic: www7.atomicorp.com
* base: n1plmirror02.shr.prod.ams1.secureserver.net
* extras: n1plmirror02.shr.prod.ams1.secureserver.net
* update: n1plmirror02.shr.prod.ams1.secureserver.net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA1 signature: NOKEY, key ID 4520afa9
atomic/gpgkey | 1.3 kB 00:00 
Fatal error during packages installation: Public key for php-mbstring-5.4.31-37.el5.art.i386.rpm is not installed
YumBaseError: Public key for php-mbstring-5.4.31-37.el5.art.i386.rpm is not installed
Error: Failed to run the Yum utility.
The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

I now get

Code:
ERROR: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception
Up Level
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'psa.ServiceNodeProperties' doesn't exist
0: Pdo.php:234
Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(array)
1: Statement.php:300
Zend_Db_Statement->execute(array)
2: Abstract.php:479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(string 'DELETE FROM `ServiceNodeProperties` WHERE (name LIKE '%.synced')', array)
3: Abstract.php:238
Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(string 'DELETE FROM `ServiceNodeProperties` WHERE (name LIKE '%.synced')', array)
4: Mysql.php:19
Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(string 'DELETE FROM `ServiceNodeProperties` WHERE (name LIKE '%.synced')')
5: Abstract.php:663
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete(string 'ServiceNodeProperties', string 'name LIKE '%.synced'')
6: Abstract.php:1184
Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->delete(string 'name LIKE '%.synced'')
7: ServiceNode.php:84
Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode->refreshProperties()
8: auth.php3:507

On the browser interface

I tried to
Code:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
But get
Code:
*****  problem report *****
ERROR while trying to check database version
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.0.9_installation.log), fix and try again

Anyone any ideas!

Did you consider restoring a previous state and doing a fresh install? I think this is a faster solution, although this does not explain why the upgrade broke in the first place.
Are you familiar with server administration?

I managed to fix the server (kindof)

Bootstrap would not work!

So I
Deleted the psa database,
Extracted an old backup, 11.0.5 (I think)
created psa database and loaded the .dump file
ran the bootstrap backup.

It worked, but Apache would not start.
Problem was with old domains that had been removed but still in database.

Tried running repair --update-vhosts-structure (I got bash: repair: command not found!)
I also tried repair --update-vhosts-something else here I don't remember) (I got bash: repair: command not found!)

I ended up copying an old config file over and editing something else. (I don't really remember)-
Apache started but would not recompile and I kept getting an error through the web interface!!

I tried to update to Plesk v12 which failed again!

I then installed a trouble shooter extension and I found a big list of problems in my psa database! - (regarding accounts that were not there and old users!)
Knowing how to fix NON of them and in disrepair............(And given no one seems to help on the forums- Or maybe I just have freak problems).............

I gave up!!!

I tell you this, so that you know how much I tried before I said - "I will NEVER use plesk again!!"
It seriously LACKS support!!!

So I bought a cPanel VPS server and started the migration!! (cPanel staff do the migration for me!)

Regards
Dave

Back