• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

update use auto installer...no ftp or mail service

M

Michael neese

hello,
I have updated from plesk 9.3 to 9.5.1 using autoinstaller...
I now cannot send mail, nor can I connect using ftp to any doamin or user...
What could be possible issue to inspect?

Solved FTP service by upgrading to new version of psa-proftpd in atomic testing repository...
yum --enablerepo=asl-2.0-testing upgrade psa-proftpd

Email will receive and send emails to accounts not on my server...cannot send admin emails from my server account to any domains hosted on my server...
What to change to allow emails on server to domains?

thank you...i have ran the command indicated...the issue I have in sending emails is regarding domains hosted on server..but they have email server with 1and1...
My server admin emails are hosted on my server...thus when sending admin email to account with domain on server, but emails on 1and1 mail server I get this message...
There was an error sending your message: Failed to add recipient: [email protected] [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table)]
So, in summary, [email protected] (server email) sends email to [email protected] (emails hosted on 1and1 email server...it fails with the above error message...

thank you for interest, if you have suggestions please advise...

thank you...I have followed the instructions, and set the policy to "forward to email address" instead of "reject"...this does not work...
Here is the error again....
There was an error sending your message: Failed to add recipient: ****@****.com [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: 5.1.1 <****e@*****.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table)]

Is there any way to add the needed email address to the "virtual mailbox table" with the correct mx designations?

I can't send emails to any domain hosted on my server from my admin email account, which is also hosted on the same server...your suggested solutions are in no way effective....

Again, I ask in reference to this error: "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table)]"...is there a way to manually add the correct "user in virtual mailbox table" since plesk doesn't seem to be handling this?

Hi,

I've encountered this problem recently, and was able to resolve it by temporarily disabling mail services for the domain then re-enabling them.

Click into the domain then choose 'mail accounts' | 'Mail preferences'. Uncheck 'Activate mail service on domain' then click 'Ok'. Then, click into 'Mail Preferences' again, check the box and click 'Ok'.

I hope this works for you too.

--
Heather Masterson
Modwest Support Team
[email protected]
http://modwest.com/help/

Back