• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Update with warning

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
I want update Obsidian 29 to 30 and get this warning message:
Plesk pre-upgrade check
WARNING: There are custom web server configuration templates at /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom. These custom templates might be incompatible with a new Plesk version, and this might lead to failure to generate web server configuration files. Remove the directory to get rid of this warning. Please check Apache config file cannot be generated: Wrong variable to subsitute for details.

I can understand the message, but how should I know if something has changed in the template that there is now a problem? I can't just delete the template, after all it had a purpose. Do I really have to compare each template file by hand with the original file and see if there is maybe a problem?

In my case have have removed Header add X-Powered-By PleskLin via How to remove/modify any header for all websites hosted in Plesk for Linux?
Which is no problem. It would be helpful if a file comparison would be shown here directly, which only shows the changes, where something is missing or added. This would make it much easier to assess potential problems.

Back