• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Updated to 12.5 - Switched View - all Domains gone - can't switch back

b.wiswe

New Pleskian
Updated today from ~12.0 to 12.5. Everything went fine. Logged into admin-panel. Clicked on view button left-bottom corner: All domains are gone (except for the preinstalled basic host). The change view button is gone. Domains are working though so I am not in total panic. But my admin-view is useless now and i cant switch back (can't find a way for that)! (And I don't know whether domains were there in the first place!)

Tried a server restart. Domains still active. Admin Panel still useless.

What to do? What info do you need? (Needless to say: I'm not happy)

Attachments

• plesk1.png
    plesk1.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 7
  • plesk2.png
    plesk2.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 7
Update: Was able to login with ordinary user data. This is good. Domains now visible but how to activate the super-user mode/view with all domains + subscriptions, ... again?

Hi b.wiswe,

What to do? What info do you need? (Needless to say: I'm not happy)

First of all, please consider to read the Plesk documentation, so you are able to solve issues on your own and it might help as well to understand options and functions of your Plesk version.

Plesk Editions ( online documentation: Administrator's Guide, Plesk 12.5 )
( ... here are some basics explained, WHICH Plesk version has WHAT options ... )

Interface Preferences ( online documentation: Administrator's Guide, Plesk 12.5 )
( ... how to switch from Service provider view to Power User view and backwards? ... )

The online documentation has a well a SEARCH options, on the top left. :)

Thank you for your quick reply!

Well I used some search possibilities... However your links helped a bit:
  • As admin: In my Domain settings there is a limit of 10 domains so it looks like my hosting company sold me the "Web Admin Edition".
  • As admin: I have only the links in the sidemenu screenshot. There are no submenus. Under "Tools & Settings" there is NO button for "interface" or sth. like that.
  • As admin: I had the little switch view button on the bottom left, once I used it, it never came back.
Does this mean: All the user management capabilities from the previous version is gone? And since I don't have the right license (not Web Pro Edition or better) it will never come back?

Where in the docs is explained why the Administrator can switch a view with a click of a button and then is not able to switch it back?

And if this new version simply does not allow the user management of the past, how can I keep track of the ordinary users (e.g. add/delete) I already created in the past? I mean: This is my vserver. I'm the admin in the designated admin-panel and I just cannot see the ordinary users and their websites anymore? This isn't right or is it?

Update: I think I might be simply sort of "trapped" in user mode and I have no buttons + settings to get back :(

Last edited:
Hi b.wiswe,

your "Custom view" - settings can be changed at "Tools & Settings > Custom View Settings". Please make sure to select options, that you would like to see, or which you don't want to see in your Plesk Control Panel.

Thank you very much for your fast answer!

I can't find it :( See attached screenshots. It's not there is it (it's kind of late for me)? :(

(admin2 is a testadmin. I checked if my problem applies to new admin users. It does ... Update: even worse there are less options in the sidemenu despite the fact, that he has exactly the same permissions as my normal admin account)

Attachments

• pleskB1.png
    pleskB1.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 8
  • pleskB2.png
    pleskB2.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 7
  • pleskB3.png
    pleskB3.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hello )

Just to clarify - the interface management options are missing due to the Web Admin edition license limitations, the same reason you cannot see your customer accounts and subscriptions. As for why you see less options when logged in under the admin2 account - this is because this account is not a server-level administrator, but instead a webspace-level additional user with the administrator user role. Basically, that means that they can change a wide range of settings - but for the webspace only, not for the whole server (you can read more about additional users here). I hope that clears it up )

Now, to resolve this situation, all you need to do is to obtain a Web Pro or a Web Host edition license. Those come with a greater maximum number of allowed domains (30 and unlimited, respectively), and also enable the hosting provider view, which will allow you to manage all your subscriptions and domains once again.

Hope that helps )

Thank you for your help UFHH01! Thank you modronmarch.

There were some not so nice questions here, I apologize: My Hosting-Company made a mistake: Now is everything the way it was supposed to be.

Last edited:
Back