• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updateing Plesk Panel from 9.5.4 to 10.0.0 on SUSE 10.3 x86_64

dilo83

New Pleskian
Hi,

today i tried to update the Plesk Panel from shell (ssh) on our Linux-Server.

I started update by calling

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

and the following error occured:

ERROR: Unable to proceed with the installation until the package psa-libpam-plesk-10.10.1-suse10.3.build1010110120.18.x86_64 is removed from the system.

the package has dependencies on psa-base packages, so i updated the linux-distribution first by

zypper update

the update removed the old Plesk-Panel because it's not compatible to some packages. After that is startet autoinstaller again (must call /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller, old link is dangling)

then i got an other error (sorry, i have only copied a part of the message):

DATABASE ERROR!!! Previous product version is 9.5.4, but previous database xxx (something like old version was 9.5.4 and new is 10.0.0 and is not compatible)

At the moment i played back an full system-backup so everything is ok, but plesk is 9.5.4

Now my question: How can i update Plesk? When i remove the mysql-database/table all settings will be lost.

Thanks,

Dirk

It seems your Plesk is completely damaged now. I strongly recommend you contact Support Team if you can't repair it by yourself.

No. Plesk is at the state of the first installation.

I can replay full backups on the server - so at the moment there is all ok. Plesk works fine, but has many security bugs i want to fix with the update!

My main-problem is: how can i merge the old psa-database into new format? Normally i would think the update-process should do this, but it doesn't!

@IgorG: When you say it is completely damaged - is there an integrity-check or something else?

At the moment you have mismatch of Plesk versions in different places. Check it with:

# rpm -qa psa
# cat /usr/local/psa/version
# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e" select * from misc where param='version'"
# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e"select * from upgrade_history"

You can try to restore psa database from Plesk 9.5.4 from backup in /var/lib/psa/dumps and try upgrade again. But I strongly recommend you contact Support Team.

Here is the output:

# cat /usr/local/psa/version
9.5.4 SuSE 10.3 95101209.05

# rpm -qa psa
psa-9.5.4-suse10.3.build95101209.05

# mysql -uadmin -p"$(cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow)" psa -e" select * from misc where param='version'"
+---------+------+
| param | val |
+---------+------+
| version | 0954 |
+---------+------+

# mysql -uadmin -p"$(cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow)" psa -e" select * from upgrade_history"
+---------------------+-----------------------------+------------+
| upgrade_date | version_info | db_version |
| 2011-10-19 15:52:35 | 9.0.1 SuSE 10.3 90090127.18 | 0901 |
| 2011-10-19 17:07:09 | 9.3.0 SuSE 10.3 93100518.17 | 0930 |
| 2011-10-20 08:21:43 | 9.5.0 SuSE 10.3 95100309.16 | 0950 |

Hi,

we have also some other Servers with the same problem, so it must be a Bug in Plesk when the same error exists on different servers.

What's about the output i've replied in my last answer?

Back