• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updater is updating NOTHING

Q

quat.net

Performing an update to 7.5.2 from 7.5.1 the
updater is doing something for a while (8-10 min.)
at the end nothing is updated.

I get this initial mail, but not this finishing mail.

Via SSH and TOP is see the autoinstaller is doing
something, but it disapears after a while.

I made a reboot before and after the update.
Nothing happend. Plesk is still 7.5.1 !

Maybe I can start the update with SSH
to get some more informations what is going wrong.
but I don´t know how to do...

There a to many users on my servers for testing
around with it. Now I will go to install a test server.

:confused:

Frank Jacob
Quat.Net GmbH
www.Quat.Net - Internet for business

Me too...

The same thing has happened to me. Does anyone know what is going on? I am now concerned that there is a problem and forcing an update may jeopardize my server. Why do we always run into problems when SW-Soft releases updates? Isn't this supposed to fix problems and not create more?

When you check /tmp/psa_7.5.2_RedHat_el3_build75050130.17_upgrade.log, what does it tell you? (the exact filename may be slightly different, but the basic idea of the filename is there).
To start a manual upgrade through SSH (where you can actually see what is happening, as it happens) is:

wget http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/RedHatEL3.0/psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75041129.17_os_RedHat_el3_i686
chmod 755 psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75041129.17_os_RedHat_el3_i686
./psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75041129.17_os_RedHat_el3_i686

Note that the above instructions are for the build that *I* have... you will have to log into the sw-soft download area and locate your build's download link and replace as necessary.
To use the auto-installer, you do not want the 100+MB rpm.tar.gz file, but the 1.6mb file. This one will only download what it needs, and will walk you through the upgrade process.

same **** here, failed dependancies in the software... check your /tmp autoinstaller.log to see where it scrrewed up.. it looks like it was trying to update the kernal and hung... i'm getting sick of these plesk updates and no one from plesk wants to help etc...

grrrrrr

bastards...

-Mike

One of the optional modules requires a kernal upgrade/patch... you should be able to find a bunch on it here on the forum. I think it was the virutal directory sharing, but I can't remember 100% on it (I won't install any of the modules anyway, so I haven't seen the warning).

in my log file this is what it is showing...

Update failed on the installation of qt-devel RPMs:
----- begin of output -----
Installing qt-3.3.3-0.1.i386.rpm
Installing qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1.i386.rpm
warning: /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/FC2_std.updates/qt-3.3.3-0.1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
error: Failed dependencies:
libjpeg-devel is needed by qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1
libmng-devel is needed by qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1
libpng-devel is needed by qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1

I do not know how to fix or patch this.. and plesk wants to charge me support for their ****ed up product... I say we should boycot their services.. thisi s the 3rd ****ed up upgrade I have delt with.. I can't make money if i keep spending it on their bullshit...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I sick of this...

-Mike

Find your build of the required lib files from rpmfind.net, and install them.
It's likely that you don't have the dependancies installed that qt-devel needs... and it's getting a bit extreme to expect sw-soft to offer each dependancy for each file for each piece that their control panel uses... the server administrator is expected to be able to install some things on their own.
Or else the Plesk install file would be the same size as a full OS iso... personally, I'd rather do a little leg work on my own, than have to download a 600+MB file from sw-soft, then hope that THEY are offering the most up-to-date version of everything.

still not working ....

I checked the autoinstaller.log

the autoinstaller:

1) starts some downloads from the autoinstall.plesk.com....
2) checks a lot of packages
3) some downloads again
4) something checking again
5) Retrieving standard packages
6) Retrieving Plesk files

log ends here... nothing happens anymore...
absolute NO errors in the Log
absolute NOTHING has installed

And the message in the panel that there is a 7.5.2 update to install... :( "very funny" :( :(

any ideas how to get some more information what´s going wrong ?

Frank

Something just jumped out at me.
One of the first things that Plesk will do on the autoinstall is check your license.
Do you have the port open so that Plesk can chat with the sw-soft server to verify the license?
Also, when you run the autoinstaller, are you reading what it's doing as it goes along, or just depending on the log file? Sometimes it will echo an error into the SSH panel, which migh drop a hint at what's wrong (easier than trying to scan through a log file listing several hundred lines of gibberish).

-> Something just jumped out at me.
me too.

-> Checking license
IPtables is stopped ... It works fine for the older updates
There is no other firewall installed or running outside the box.
The Plesk firewall is NOT installed.

-> are you reading what it's doing as it goes along
there are NO ERRORs, NOT in the SSH panel and NOT in the Logfile...

Frank,

in the /tmp directory

in the autoinstaller.log

can u post me a copy of everything in it.. or email me it.. to
(if u want to)
[email protected]

those libs that i needed.. the failed dependencies.. some i did a find on www.rpmfind.net and then did

rpm -i (filename) and installed them...

I noticed after I did those innitial updates... i had to re-look at the the logfile to notice it needed more files...

Also you might want to try updating the qt-devel

if you happen to come across anything in the logfile.. where it is failed.. or relies on it.. try updating.. i noticed alot of users in here needed tro update this in update that so plesk would work right...

let me know

-Mike

Originally posted by quat.net
-> Something just jumped out at me.
me too.

-> Checking license
IPtables is stopped ... It works fine for the older updates
There is no other firewall installed or running outside the box.
The Plesk firewall is NOT installed.

-> are you reading what it's doing as it goes along
there are NO ERRORs, NOT in the SSH panel and NOT in the Logfile...

have you tried manually restarting them.. or even rebooting the box?

-mike

Back