• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updates and Upgrades => Add/Remove Components | Cannot install anything!

iltera

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I am using 11.0.9 Update #16 on Windows Web Server 2008 R2 SP1.

I wanted to install Kaspersky anti-virus. Instead, I get an installation log like this:
--------------------------------------------
Installation started in background
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_11.0.9/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/kav.msi:10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..Error: transfer closed with 9356 bytes remaining to read, retry...
Error: transfer closed with 2652 bytes remaining to read, retry...
Error: transfer closed with 5572 bytes remaining to read, retry...
Error: Failed to download the package http://autoinstall-win.pp.parallels.com/PANEL-WIN_11.0.9/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/kav.msi:
transfer closed with 8164 bytes remaining to read
Not all packages were installed.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

--------------------------------------------
I couldn't resolve the issue, because there is no clue about what the problem is, so I am contacting support :)
I also cannot install SQL packages or other stuff, not only Kaspersky. Need help!

Thanks in advance...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I just tried downloading kav.msi file and copying it under C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386 directory, and start the upgrade by selecting kaspersky from the list. But it does all the same. No progress for now. Waiting for help from Parallels!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Also tried installing manually after downloading the kav.msi file. During the installation I get an error and continue installation. Kaspersky appears in the Components List but cannot be activated! When I select Kaspersky as default antivirus program it automatically selects "none" from that menu.

Last edited:
Any News?

Hi,

It has been some time after that post but the problem still exists. The same error occurs for other installations, too (for example SQL Servers).
I paid for Kasperskiy AntiVirus add-on and cannot even install it.

Can Anyone from Parallels post something about that issue?

Waiting for a reply!
Thanks in advance...

I just tried downloading kav.msi file

Did you download file from server where the plesk installed or from another computer?
It looks like internet connection issues or disk space is full.

It's done!

After trying a thousand times, it suddenly worked OK. Now I am sure that it's a network issue.
Thanks!

Back