• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Updating email password hangs Plesk...

aconsultant

New Pleskian
Plesk hangs a lot and I am new to how to figure out why. Where do I start now that updating an email accounts password hangs the Plesk server?

100 RAM usage can be just normal and expected. Linux only frees RAM if it needs some. Else the RAM may be fully used. This does not necessarily indicate an issue.

Regarding "hanging": Could you please describe what you experience in more detail? Does it really hang or is it slow? What do you consider "slow"?

It hangs. I changed the password to an email account and it just died. I now tried to update a dns setting, it died and when I refreshed it came up with this:

Server Error
Plesk\Exception\Database
DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

TypePlesk\Exception\Database
MessageDB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
FileMysql.php
Line60

Seems anything I try I get a time out or a crash

Hosted websites consume memory. Plesk can malfunction if there is not enough memory for it to operate. You can try freeing up some memory by resetting active connections to hosted websites. If this does not help, we suggest logging in to the server via SSH or RDP and investigating which processes consume the most memory.
Available
RAM94.59 MB of 990.65 MB total
Swap10.38 MB of 1024.00 MB total
Plesk can try freeing up some memory by restarting the web server processes.

Back