1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating PHP

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by colinjack, Jan 8, 2006.

1. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Running 7.5.6 and it says I am running PHP 4.311 ... can I just install a later version on the server or will this break Plesk even more?

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    you may use any PHP version

3. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Thanks - also have a problem with PHP scripts asking for a login (no matter where they are and with full permissions) ... don't suppose you have any ideas?

I have opened another thread for the latter query, but no responses :(

4. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    please use Plesk Reconfigurator to check permissions

5. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Did that - all look fine. ASP scripts work fine , just PHP asks for login details.

6. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Got it working ... went into IIS and turned off anon access and then turned it on again. A buglet in Plesk methinks.

I had already tried resetting the anon passwords in Plesk using %plesk_bin%\websrvmng --update-anon-passwords-all

Thanks for your help.

7. Quaxxon

Quaxxon Guest

I have a similar problem with php not working but i get a error on the page:

HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.

I have already run the reconfigure tool twice, and it hasn;t fixed the problem.

Note:
    I was having a problem with php not working and dll's missing, so I reinstalled php 4.311 and now get the forbidden error.

I am also getting this is the even log:
    The registry key for IIS subauthenticator is not configured correctly on local machine, the anonymous password sync feature is disabled.

Can anyone help me?

8. dinfiesta

dinfiesta Guest