1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating PHP

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by colinjack, Jan 8, 2006.

1. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Running 7.5.6 and it says I am running PHP 4.311 ... can I just install a later version on the server or will this break Plesk even more?

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    you may use any PHP version

3. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Thanks - also have a problem with PHP scripts asking for a login (no matter where they are and with full permissions) ... don't suppose you have any ideas?

I have opened another thread for the latter query, but no responses :(

4. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    please use Plesk Reconfigurator to check permissions

5. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Did that - all look fine. ASP scripts work fine , just PHP asks for login details.

6. colinjack

colinjack Guest

Got it working ... went into IIS and turned off anon access and then turned it on again. A buglet in Plesk methinks.

I had already tried resetting the anon passwords in Plesk using %plesk_bin%\websrvmng --update-anon-passwords-all

Thanks for your help.

7. Quaxxon

Quaxxon Guest

I have a similar problem with php not working but i get a error on the page:

HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.

I have already run the reconfigure tool twice, and it hasn;t fixed the problem.

Note:
    I was having a problem with php not working and dll's missing, so I reinstalled php 4.311 and now get the forbidden error.

I am also getting this is the even log:
    The registry key for IIS subauthenticator is not configured correctly on local machine, the anonymous password sync feature is disabled.

Can anyone help me?

8. dinfiesta

dinfiesta Guest