• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating Plesk 8.6 - will it also upgrade php to 5.2.6?

exit15

Basic Pleskian
Hi
I have Plesk VPS 8.6 (psa 8.6.0-cos5.build86080722.00)
It uses php 5.1.6-20.el5_2.1

I am interested in php 5.2.6
This docummnet suggests that plesk 8.6 ships with php 5.2.6
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Plesk8.6/plesk-8.6.0-for-pkg-based-os.html#51

My Plesk Control Panel Updater suggests that I have an update for 8.6. Specifically the
Base packages of Plesk which is from Sept 10, 2008 and now a Sept 29, 2008 update is available...

If I run this update will it also upgrade my version of php?

thanks

Ari

Thanks for the info, but my question was whether the 'Plesk Control Panel Updater' do the job, if I applied the recommended update.
Your suggestion for upgrading php directly comes with quite a few stories of trouble with Plesk following the upgrade. It is a job for an expert and not even my host will take responsibility.

I am still curious what the "Updater" does

They're talking about the PHP used by the plesk daemon in that case, plesk otherwise uses the version of PHP shipped by the vendor (5.1 in the case of CentOS 5).

As far as integrating PHP 5.2.x with centos/rhel/fedora, its not a big deal really. 5.2.x is what all the fedora users have by default, so if there was something to be concerned about you'd have heard from them about it by now.

That being said, If you do run into a problem, please let me know about it and it will get fixed. Generally we get updates out the same day.

Hi,

I'm not sure why Parallels dont provide an option in Plesk [/script/easyapache as in cPanel] to upgrade PHP :(

Thanks to AtomicTurtle for their contribution in getting this done :)

Recently came across a good site which shows step by step information in getting this done smoothly. Here's the link.

Best regards,
Viraj Nevase

Because EasyApache is a really bad idea. You're basically running roughshod over the entire system without any sort of managed approach to the changes you are making.

Back