• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

updating proftpd to proftpd-mysql

Sefu

New Pleskian
I am a bit dismayed at Plesk's limited support for ftp - I would like to set up multiple accounts, each limited to their own "jail" directory. I have managed to find a workaround that I can manage through my own web interface (using php), but for this I will need proftpd-mysql and not the base proftpd that comes packaged with Debian Sarge (3.1).

Problem: installing proftpd-mysql breaks the Plesk installation, and even makes root ssh login impossible - thus I cannot do a simple Plesk reinstall through the command line (as I could when I updated php4 to php5).

Is there any way around this? Better still, does there exist any 3rd-party ftp application I can integrate with Plesk? Thank you very much in advance.

Okay, if that doesn't inspire any answers...

Perhaps if I was to install Plesk only after installing Debian with proftpd-mysql? Would the plesk autoinstaller remove previous proftpd-mysql packages, and if so, should I do a manual install?

Back