• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

updating proftpd to proftpd-mysql

Sefu

New Pleskian
I am a bit dismayed at Plesk's limited support for ftp - I would like to set up multiple accounts, each limited to their own "jail" directory. I have managed to find a workaround that I can manage through my own web interface (using php), but for this I will need proftpd-mysql and not the base proftpd that comes packaged with Debian Sarge (3.1).

Problem: installing proftpd-mysql breaks the Plesk installation, and even makes root ssh login impossible - thus I cannot do a simple Plesk reinstall through the command line (as I could when I updated php4 to php5).

Is there any way around this? Better still, does there exist any 3rd-party ftp application I can integrate with Plesk? Thank you very much in advance.

Okay, if that doesn't inspire any answers...

Perhaps if I was to install Plesk only after installing Debian with proftpd-mysql? Would the plesk autoinstaller remove previous proftpd-mysql packages, and if so, should I do a manual install?

Back