1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating Slave DNS

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by mikelegg, Dec 8, 2008.

1. mikelegg

mikelegg Guest

I've been trying to get Plesk to use a server in my cPanel DNS cluster as a slave DNS server.

I've followed the instructions I found here - http://kb.odin.com/en/1338

I found that if I create the zone file as well as add the domain to named.conf, I can get the cPanel cluster to pick up the zone entries as set on the Plesk server.

Where it falls short is that any subsequent edits of the DNS in Plesk don't get picked up by the cPanel servers, even if I restart bind again. (which I wouldn't want to have to do anyway as it kinda defeats the whole purpose of the exercise).

Has anyone had any success getting changes made via Plesk to be pushed out to a secondary server?