• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Updating Spamassassin rules

PGareth

New Pleskian
I am running Plesk 11.5.30 Update #44, Postfix 2.8.14 and Spamassassin 3.3.1 on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.5 server. I am looking to update the rules within Spamassassin. I have had a bit of a look and see that a crontab has been created but its a bash script with a comment saying it has been disabled by psa-spamassassin package (/etc/cron.d/sa-update).

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# This task was disabled by psa-spamassassin package
exit 0

Is there a reason why it has been disabled by Plesk? If I update the rules, will it break something?

I have recently added into Postfix RBLs to help toward in reducing the amount of SPAM my customers is getting and this is my next step in a list of things that I would like to change.

s there a reason why it has been disabled by Plesk? If I update the rules, will it break something?
The reason is, that Plesk comes with daily/monthly/yearly maintenance scripts, which already include the spamassassin - rules - updates. There is no reason, why the standard - cronjob from the software package should be additionaly executed on the server. ;)

I did look at that documentation and did not help..
Does the above answer, answers YOUR question as well?

Back