• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Upgrade 17.5 to 17.8 upgrade check fails (custom web server configuration templates)

boerni

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm using plesk for several years now and wanted to upgrade from 17.5 to 17.8 today but the upgrade check fails with the following error:

Plesk pre-upgrade check
WARNING: There are custom web server configuration templates at /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom. These custom templates might be incompatible with a new Plesk version, and this might lead to failure to generate web server configuration files.Please check Apache config file cannot be generated: Wrong variable to subsitute for details.​

But there is no "custom" folder at /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates, and there is also none at /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates.

Where can I see what causes this issue? Server administration is not my strong part, so please be gentle with me :)

Thanks for your help

Note that this is just warning but not error. Maybe somewhere in database remains orphaned record about previous template customizations.
I would suggest you run

# plesk repair db
# plesk repair web

and try upgrade again.

Back