• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade 9.5.1 to 9.5.4 fails. Manual proftpd update the cause.

T

thomasj@

Hi!

Im trying to upgrade 9.5.1 to 9.5.4 but it wont run. It is probably because the proftpd exploint and the manual update that was made outside Plesk by my VPS company.

"Installation could not be started: You have a newer version of the psa-proftpd package installed on your system.
The installation will not continue."

Can i tell Plesk to ignore the updated proftpd?

You can try to remove psa-proftpd package from rpm database with help of --nodeps and --justdb options for rpm command.

You can try to remove psa-proftpd package from rpm database with help of --nodeps and --justdb options for rpm command.

Ok. Thanks!

This will do what? (Not that familiar with rpm :)) ). With the "rpm -e <ftp package> --nodeps --justdb" i will just remove the information from the database over installed software? Not the software itself?

This will trick Plesk that the software are not installed, but what will the upgrade do? Install the software again or ignore proftpd totally?

With the "rpm -e <ftp package> --nodeps --justdb" i will just remove the information from the database over installed software? Not the software itself?

Yes, you are correct. You can find more details about these options with

# rpm --help

Back