• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade advice needed

qpidity

New Pleskian
Hi,

We're currently running version 11.0.9 and are ready to embark on the upgrade to version 12.0.18 (stable) via the plesk upgrade interface however the pre-upgrade check returns the following warning:

WARNING: There are custom web server configuration templates at /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom

We have 2 files located in that directory, namely:
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/nginxDomainVirtualHost.php
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/server/PCI_compliance.php

If I understand correctly these files will be overwritten/removed during the upgrade process so I guess my question is should we move these to another directory and then reinstate them after the upgrade or is there some better approach which is recommended?

Also, the main reason for upgrade is to address some weak cipher issues in trying to meet PCI compliance, so I was also wondering whether we should be upgrading to version 12.5 or whether upgrading to the latest stable version 12.0.18 is a better strategy. Are we going to be restricted in any way with 12.0.18 as opposed to 12.5 in terms of hardening SSLProtocols and SSLCipherSuites.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Adbi for those replies to my earlier queries.

One further question - moving the file nginxDomainVirtualHost.php, will that have any consequences meanwhile?

Back