• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade Broke Plesk

J

JacobG

Last night, Plesk tried to auto-update itself from 11.0.9 Update #6 to whatever the most recent version is. During the upgrade process, it appears that something to do with the APS database failed, causing sites and Plesk to go offline.

Here is the excerpt from the update log:

--

ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 19: Table '`apsc`.`aps_application`' already exists
ERROR 1227 (42000) at line 1: Access denied; you need (at least one of) the PROCESS privilege(s) for this operation

ERROR while trying to create database for APS controller
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.0.9_installation.log), fix and try again

**** Product post-install for BASE failed.

***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to create database for APS controller
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.0.9_installation.log), fix and try again
STOP Bootstrapper 11.0.9 post-install for BASE AT Fri Jul 27 03:38:59 MDT 2012
To complete product installation one should run bootstrapper script:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

--

Before trying to update again, I'd like to make sure that it doesn't cause another outage for our clients.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Have you tried running the bootstrapper as advised in the error message?

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

We did so to bring the server back to MU 6, but we're unsure if this means we can try updating again. Will the repair process actually fix an issue that causes an update to break Plesk?

Sure bootstrapper repairs most of such errors and also upgrades the database to standard.

Hi Luo,

We didn't end up needing to do a manual update, once we ran the bootstrap repair, we were able to update through Plesk. That being said, you could always use the autoinstaller to perform the update as well.

thx for response,

did you mean using the command of
$PRODUCT_ROOT_D/admin/sbin/autoinstaller
to perform the microupdate manually?

because last time, when i am in #MU6 and #MU7 is available, i failed to get the #7 through autoinstaller, a little strange...

Hi Luo,

Did you run the bootstrap repair as mentioned in my previous post? That should allow you to run the update.

Back