• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade Error: The file constants.php3 is part of Plesk distribution.

H

HazMatt

I used the updater to update Plesk and am now receiving the following error when I attempt to connect to the control panel:

The file constants.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

I am a linux noobie and was hoping nothing bad would happen. Could some one please assist me in resolving this issue?

I appreciate any help, thank you in advance for your time.

What version did you upgrade FROM and TO ? What OS are you using ? Does everything else work and you just can't access the admin GUI ?

The server is running Linux and the upgrade was going from 7.5.2 to 7.5.4 i think. I am a little embarrassed but I don't really know because I can't access the control panel.

Sorry for the lack of information on my part.

And to add a little more. I can still access the websites, but have no FTP access. Email is still working so it seems to just have affected my FTP capabilities and my Control GUI.

Thanks for all of the help.

Well, here goes, and remember we are working with 'limited' information:

1. Can you SSH login to the server to check the updater log in /tmp??

2. Use SSH to check the contents of your /etc/my.cnf (or compare it to the pre-upgrade file)

3. Download the Plesk installer .rpm file and try running that (this error has always been reported in relation to failed or partially successful upgrades to 7.5.4)

Okay thank you both for the replies. Here is what the my.cnf file says:

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

Where would I obtain a copy of the plesk installer. rpm file? I used the auto updater from the Plesk control panel and that is what started this whole mess.

Thanks again.

Back