• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade Error

S

stefanb

I run FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE i386 with Plesk 7.5.4. When I try to upgrade Plesk to 8.0.0 I get the following report:
---

Download file versions.inf3: 13%..100% done
Download file PSA_8.0.0/plesk-8.0.0-fr5.3-i386.inf3: 100% done
Check for components installation status
Get Plesk product packages from specified source
Download file psa_v8.0.0_build80060327.08_os_FreeBSD_5.3_i386.sh: ERROR: Curl download failed: The requested URL returned error: 404 Can't download http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_8....8.0.0_build80060327.08_os_FreeBSD_5.3_i386.sh

---
Plesk autoinstaller.
---
Another thing that bothered me is that I had upgraded kernel and had previously Free BSD 5.4. Howver when I was attempting to use the Updater i was getting : "Error: You are using FreeBSD 5.4,

but autoinstaller was compiled for FreeBSD 5.3. Exiting

autoinstaller. ."
Did not find any help on the net so i had to downgrade to 5.3 and yet get another problem
Any help would be appreciated

Upgrade PLeask Installer

WE have the same problem.

If you have your data recure you may try new Installation procedure of the verion you need to upgrade to, because accordingly to the following source:

http://www.mafia.or.id/mafiaorid/2005/09/09/plesk-754-reload.html

Pesk Self-Extracting Install Procedure
workeees both way instalation and /or upgrading. if in step #3 you indicate an appropriate version of FreeBSD and proceed,. If you have already Plesk installed, it is supposed to prompt you asking to what exactly you need to upgrade.

Anybody tried to fix teh problem this way?

=======================================

Prior to installing Plesk, be sure to have Perl 5.8.7 and gtar installed on the server.

1. Log in as "root" and add the entry KERNEL_SECURE_LEVEL="no" to file /etc/rc.conf, otherwise installation may fail.

2. Change your working directory to the directory where
the Plesk install script resides; for example: #cd /home/admin/plesk

3. Run the install script, for example:
"sh psa_v7.5.4_build75050824.19_os_FreeBSD_4.9_i386.sh"

4. If you have a previous version of Plesk Server Administrator installed
in the /usr/local/psa directory, the install script will detect it and will ask
if you want to upgrade it. To upgrade an earlier version of Plesk, please refer to the instructions provided below.

5. The script will display a series of messages showing the installation progress. During
this stage all Plesk components will be installed and properly configured on the server.
Depending on the speed of the server, there may be times when the installation seems to be stuck.
The entire install procedure should take only a few minutes.
Do not attempt to cancel the install script. The installation logs all of the changes
made to the system in the /tmp/ directory. The install script will backup
any system configuration files before making the changes.

6. When the installation is complete, you will receive a message notifying
you that Plesk is now running on your server. You will be able to use
Plesk on your host at https://'machine.domain.name' or IP-Address:8443/

The default username is "admin" and the default password is "setup".
Both are case sensitive. For security reasons this password should be changed upon initial login.

7. Upon initial login to Plesk you will be required to complete the final steps in the installation
process.

8. You will first be asked to accept the SWsoft End User License Agreement.
Select the appropriate checkbox at the end of the agreement and select Accept.

NOTE:
You have the option to leave the license agreement active on the server if you wish to have it
displayed next time someone logs in.

9. You will then be asked to select the shared IP addresses from the list displays the whole
range of IP addresses on the server. On this list you can select the addresses that will be
used as shared for hosting accounts.
Specify the full hostname in the appropriate field.
To change the default administrator's password, type it in the Administrator's password input
field, and confirm in the field below.
Edit this information appropriately and click Ok.

10. You will then be asked to fill in the appropriate Administrator information.
Once you have completed this, you will be able to utilize the full functionality
of Plesk.

=====
T.J.

Back