• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade error

Zero response from Parallels...

Still no update... I have even emailed Parallels with a letter of complaint and to date have had nothing back. I emailed their bug reporting email address and had nothing back...

I'm really starting to doubt my decision to choose Plesk... what else can I do?

DM.

I'm having the same problem, but i have resolved this by removing installes PSA Packages.

I'm using Debian 4.0 Etch amd64. (64Bit)

I NEVER use "apt-get upgrade" to upgrade the Plesk installations that i manage - i always use the autoinstall script for upgrades.

NOTE: You should make a complete backup of all your data, just to be on the safe side. By executing the commands below, will NOT delete your data - it will just remove the Plesk software, and re-install it all.

I have encountered the problem that this thread describes, and i resolved it by doing the following.:

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list
# vi /etc/apt/sources.list

Remove ALL sources to plesk.com or any other Plesk related download-source. Insert the following:
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PSA_8.4.0 etch all

Save the file, and execute:
# apt-get update

Check the installed packages, and versions by using:
# dpkg -l |grep -i psa

After running the "apt-get update" command, there might be an error where you need to execute: "apt-get -f install" to fix the system. This might remove the Plesk software, and you should do so.

If the above command did not remove the Plesk software, you need to do this your self by executing the following: "apt-get remove psa"

Again, you need to edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list, and remove the source that we just inserted.
After this, you need to execute: "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade".

After the software has been removed, you can just download the latest "autoinstaller" from: http://www.parallels.com/en/download/plesk86/ and install the Plesk software again, just as a new installation.

After the installation has been completed, your system is up and running again - and ALL your data, websites, databases, mail etc.etc., is still intact.

** I have had the problem on 8-10 Plesk servers, and the above fixed everything - so my server is working perfectly again. :) **

Hope that you can use this.

At last a glimmer of hope appears through a fog of nothingness!

Thanks Johnny I will bite the bullet this weekend and post feedback accordingly.

A quick question If I follow Plesks instructions for backup will that be sufficient?

To backup the server configuration settings and all user data you have on your hosting machine:

1. Log in as root to your server.
2. Change to the directory, where Plesk is installed:

cd /plesk_installation_directory/bin
3. Run the following command:

./pleskbackup all <filename>

Where the <filename> is a target backup file name with absolute or relative path. The data will be backed up without disruption of hosting services and downtime. The resulting backup archive will be placed in the directory you specified.

DM,

You are almost correct :) - your need "--all" not "all".
# /opt/psa/bin/pleskbackup --all /backup/backupfile

The above command will make a complete backup, of ALL data including LicenseKey, IP Assignments etc.

And if your ever need to do a complete restore, you must read the manpage in regards of the options available.
- If you get in trouble regarding the restore, let me know and I'll see what i can do. :) (You can find my personal contact details at my personal website)

Thanks for the correction, It may not surprise you but i copied and pasted that direct from Plesk's own online help ;)

Will keep you posted and your offer of help is greatly appreciated.

DM.

Kaboom,

Have you tried to perform the tasks that I write about above?

Auto installer fails

Auto installer fails:

Reading package lists...
ERROR: An error occurred on attempt to install packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.
root@server001:~#

Full install log attached.

Help, I'm panicking big time! :(

Attachments

• error.txt
    15 KB · Views: 125
Well I bit the bullet and got shot! ;)

It transpired that my server install was a bit flakey, so had to rebuild the entire server from scratch.
Now running a new install of Debian and everything is working again.

It must be said that this situation should not of arisen in the first place and it remains a unresolved bug.

A big thanks to joda for his invaluble assistance in the weekends fun and games.

DM.

I'ts quiet on this thread, but 2 months after this thread started, I'm still trapped in this bug, is thare a real fix of is reinstalling the server the possibility ?

I can't believe swsoft has changed the way that their packages work and expect to have no issues at all. Half the time your packages conflict with things and psa needs to be removed and reinstalled to get around things being upgraded. You can't complain about plesk already being installed just because the directory exists, and then have you package complain that it can't find the default locale when you follow the stupid instructions within your packages. Put the way the packages work back to the same as <8.4. This is really unacceptable to not fix an issue that's been apparent for two months. I'm only finding out about it now because I've grown used to waiting so long after your upgrade cycles to upgrade our own things. To install 8.4 to get around this issue is retarded. If one of my clients installs something that will remove plesk, which happens all the time, they'll now be not able to reinstall plesk to get this issue sorted out. Just put it back put it back put it back!. How do you say that in russian? shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt

PS: i'm a little angry about this.

same problem ...

dpkg -l | grep psa | grep -v 8608 | grep -v appvault
ii drweb-base 4.33-5psa The engine and bases of Dr.Web (R) Antivirus
ii drweb-daemon 4.33-5psa Dr.Web (R) daemon is an antivirus daemon, th
ii drweb-updater 4.33-4psa Dr.Web (R) Update utility is a key component
ii psa-autoinstaller 3.3.2-080710.09 Parallels Autoinstaller
ii psa-mod-fcgid-configurator 1.0-14 Plesk Alternative FastCGI module for Apache2
ii psa-pear 1.4.9-20060517 PEAR - PHP Extension and Application Reposit
rc psa-sbm3 5.0-14 The Sitebuilder Remote Administration Module

but cannot end correctly the upgrades..

Back