1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade failed

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by PeterWard, Jul 13, 2011.

1. PeterWard

PeterWard Guest

Hi,

Tried to upgrade from 9.5.2 to 10.2. Recevied two e-mails, the first with subject... "The Panel was successfully updated" the second with subject... "Failed to update the Panel"

The main info in the second e-mail seems to be...

Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
    Error: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
    Not all packages were installed.
    Please, contact product technical support.

I pay a fee to my server provider for license for Plesk 9 but they do not provide license for 10. How can I get past this problem as at present I have no access to control panel at all. Ultimately I would like to revert to Plesk 9 as I do not want to purchase additional license.

Can you help please?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    You can perform upgrade by /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller utility with --ignore-key-errors option and then solve license problem with help of your sales representative or service provider.

3. PeterWard

PeterWard Guest

Thanks, I did see that suggestion in a thread for a similar problem and tried that however Plesk is still failing to start.

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Any details, logs, error messages?