1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3.1

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Tyree, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Tyree

Tyree Guest

How long should the upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3.1 take?

I have a brand new server (2 days old) with a fresh install of Plesk, etc. I've added my domains to it and that's about it. Today there was an update notification for 10.3.1. I figured, what the heck...might as well!
    20 minutes later, I'm staring at the page titled: Install or Upgrade Parallels Products. Is says that Upgrade to 10.3.1 is waiting. The Operations log has a spinning icon beside it. And the log says this:
    That last line says Upgrade completed, but nothing else on the page indicates it's done. And I would think that was only the completion of the cumulative database upgrade, not the overall upgrade. It never showed that psa was restarted either.

I have always had HORRIBLE luck with Plesk's auto updaters. Seems they ALWAYS mess something up (going back to Plesk 5). I figured this being a shiny new setup, it should work. I'm starting to fear my luck with Plesk updater is holding steady.

How long should this upgrade take? Do I just need to give it more time? What gives?

2. Tyree

Tyree Guest

Well, what do you know, I was right...
    Plesk updater sucks. Always causes more trouble than it's ever been worth.

3. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Did you try to find a reason in autoinstaller log /tmp/autoinstaller3.log at least?

4. Tyree

Tyree Guest

Yeah, gave a ton of errors about yum not running correctly. But yum would run fine for me doing other things. COuldn't find a problem with yum.

After some cleanup from the botched install, I went back and ran the updater again via command line and it worked. Not sure what the difference is between control panel and command line.