• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3.1

T

Tyree

How long should the upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3.1 take?

I have a brand new server (2 days old) with a fresh install of Plesk, etc. I've added my domains to it and that's about it. Today there was an update notification for 10.3.1. I figured, what the heck...might as well!
20 minutes later, I'm staring at the page titled: Install or Upgrade Parallels Products. Is says that Upgrade to 10.3.1 is waiting. The Operations log has a spinning icon beside it. And the log says this:
Operations log:
Installation started in background
Changing shell for popuser.
Shell not changed.
Changing shell for mhandlers-user.
Shell not changed.
config updated
===> Updated /etc/psa/psa.conf
===> Preparing upgrade
Stopping psa... done
Stopping mail handlers tmpfs storage
psa is stopped
Stopping psa... done
Stopping mail handlers tmpfs storage
===> Cumulative database upgrade has been started
===> Upgrade completed.
That last line says Upgrade completed, but nothing else on the page indicates it's done. And I would think that was only the completion of the cumulative database upgrade, not the overall upgrade. It never showed that psa was restarted either.

I have always had HORRIBLE luck with Plesk's auto updaters. Seems they ALWAYS mess something up (going back to Plesk 5). I figured this being a shiny new setup, it should work. I'm starting to fear my luck with Plesk updater is holding steady.

How long should this upgrade take? Do I just need to give it more time? What gives?

Well, what do you know, I was right...
Error: Failed to run the Yum utility.
The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.
Plesk updater sucks. Always causes more trouble than it's ever been worth.

Did you try to find a reason in autoinstaller log /tmp/autoinstaller3.log at least?

Yeah, gave a ton of errors about yum not running correctly. But yum would run fine for me doing other things. COuldn't find a problem with yum.

After some cleanup from the botched install, I went back and ran the updater again via command line and it worked. Not sure what the difference is between control panel and command line.

Back