• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 12.0.18 to 12.5 WARNING: [MYSQL ERROR] Unable to connect database.

Luiz_Gustavo

Basic Pleskian
Hi all.

I am trying to upgrade 12.0.18 to 12.5 but this error appears, and no reason of problem was shown.

WARNING: [MYSQL ERROR] Unable to connect database. The reason of problem:plesk-db-error.JPG Could you help me?

Thanks

Luiz

I take a look at the autoinstaller logs and it appears a problem with step 36 (if exists), because the error was occurred after step 35:

INFO: STEP 28: Checking for custom web server configuration templates...
INFO: Result: OK

INFO: STEP 29: Checking symbolic link /usr/local/psa on /opt/psa...

INFO: STEP 30: Checking if db_users table contains case insensitive duplicated login entries...

INFO: STEP 31: Detecting if encrypted passwords are used...

INFO: STEP 32: Checking table "servers" in database "mysql"...

INFO: STEP 33: Checking the availability of Plesk Panel TCP ports...

INFO: STEP 34: Checking for available free memory for the upgrade procedure...

INFO: STEP 35: Checking for restriction policy...

Errors found: 0; Warnings found: 1

Error:
WARNING: [MYSQL ERROR] Unable to connect database. The reason of problem:

Do you have /root/.my.cnf file? Have you changed admin's mysql password in CLI? Any details from mysql logs?

Hi,

No /root/.my.cnf file and I do not change mysql password from CLI. The mysql config is in /etc/mysql/my.cnf

This instalation originally a 11.5 version, upgraded to 12.018 and now the customer wants to upgrade to 12.5.

No errors in Mysql logs.

Actually it is just warning but not error. I would suggest you continue upgrade procedure.

Back