• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 12.0.x to 12.5.x fails

IvanC

New Pleskian
hello,

When I try to make update from 12.0.x to 12.5.x I get following error:

psa-proftpd-xinetd-1.3.5-6.el6.art.x86_64 requires psa-proftpd = 1.3.5-6.el6.art

ERROR: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

Any idea how can I fix this issue?

As you can see there is conflict between packages from Atomic repository (art). You can try to remove psa-proftpd-xinetd-1.3.5-6.el6.art.x86_64 package or just disable Atomic repository.

I get the same issue but the Atomic repository is disabled and I cannot in fact remove the conflicting package:

[root@srv02 ~]# rpm -e psa-proftpd-xinetd-1.3.5-6.el6.art.x86_64
error: Failed dependencies:
psa-proftpd-xinetd >= 1.3.5-6.el6.art is needed by (installed) psa-proftpd-1.3.5-6.el6.art.x86_64
[root@srv02 ~]# rpm -e psa-proftpd-xinetd-1.3.5-6.el6.art.x86_64 psa-proftpd-1.3.5-6.el6.art.x86_64
error: Failed dependencies:
psa-proftpd >= 1.3.4d is needed by (installed) plesk-web-hosting-12.0.18-cos6.build1200140606.15.x86_64

Hi JDM,

please consider using the command string "rpm -e -nodeps full_packagename", so that "rpm" will ignore the dependencies. For further informations, how to use "rpm", please see the manuals or type "command --help" for additional possible command options.

Hi JDM,

please consider using the command string "rpm -e -nodeps full_packagename", so that "rpm" will ignore the dependencies. For further informations, how to use "rpm", please see the manuals or type "command --help" for additional possible command options.
maybe it will help you if you are using the following instead of "rpm -e --nodeps xxxx".
"rpm -e --nodeps xxx_xxxxxx". If you do the package still can not delete, maybe it will help new auftzbauen the database "--rebuilddb". And then your fortune to try again.

Back