1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0

Discussion in 'Web Presence Builder' started by warrior, Jan 13, 2011.

1. warrior

warrior Guest

We´re currently evaluating an upgrade of Plesk from 9.5.4 to 10.0.1 AND the upgrade to the current Sitebuilder version we have, which is 4.5 to 5.0, which AFAIK is integrated within Plesk 10.

How can we perform the upgrade of Sitebuilder?

Thanks for any documentation and advice.

2. Hultenius

Hultenius Guest

SiteBuilder 5.0 is built from scratch. There is no way to upgrade SB 4.5 to 5.0.
    Stay with Plesk 9.5.4 until 10.1 is released later this month, you will avoid alot of headache.

3. Bart De Bruycker

Bart De Bruycker Guest

We are now on Plesk 10.2 but still I don't see a possibility to update 4.5 sites to 5.x
    Elsewhere on your pages it's written that upgrade of sites can be done manually, but how ?
    Also I haven't paid anymore for my old 4.5 license, because Plesk 10 - Unlimited domains has an integrated 100 sites license. Now I can't even access my old sitebuilder installation because of license is not renewed.

Bart DB

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
  4. custer

custer Administrator Staff Member

Hi Bart De Bruycker,

It is not possible to upgrade websites made in SB 4.5 to SB 10.x, because SB 10.x is a completely different product, not a new version of the old SB. Manual upgrading of websites means that website admin creates a new website in SB 10.x and manually moves all the information here through copy-paste, etc.

We are working on limited content import feature that will allow users to move some of their SB 4.5 website content to SB 10.x.

5. adtastichosting

adtastichosting New Pleskian

57%
    sitebuilder 5 for linux without plesk

i have sitebuilder 4.5 on a linux server but not using plesk control panel. I'm seeing all of this info about sitebuilder 5 is it available for a non plesk installation like 4.5?

6. custer

custer Administrator Staff Member

Hi adtastichosting,

We will be introducing Managed / Stand-Alone version of Parallels Web Presence Builder 10 soon. You can contact your sales representative for more information.