• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Upgrade from 7.5.4 to 8.6

DRYALLS

Basic Pleskian
I've just had a very bad experience trying unsuccessfuly to migrate and upgrade from 7.5.4 to 9.0 [using both backup-convert utilities, and never loading the data into 8.6]

I've given that up. So now I have an old server RHEL3 PLESK 7.5.4, new server CentOS 5.2, PLESK 8.6.
I want to migrate all clients and domains to the new server.

  1. Can people here give me the confidence that a 7.5.4 backup, converted via backup-convert will then install on 8.6?
  2. Any 'red flags' I need to be aware of? Things that don't work, and should be deleted on 7.5.4 then manually added back into 8.6?
  3. I'm concerned. I *think* that both the 7.5.4 and 8.6 versions need to have the same license key. Right now they don't. Is that going to be a problem, and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance for any replys/advice.
 
Back
Top