• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Upgrade from 7.6 to 8.1?

The upgrade from 7.6.1 > 8.0.1 was fine. It's the fact that my license key wouldn't update (and still won't) which messed things up major.

I've had to totally remove Plesk and reinstall 7.6.1 until they decide to send me a new key that is compatible with 8.0.1, as all of my websites (only 3) were inaccessable.

Just a note to say that i have done a fresh install of 8.1

I have been careful during installation, but every thing is OK.

I have hit no bumps along the way.

Hm, I do have a lot of Plesk Events errors in EVent log :-( Seems taskrub.exe doesn't work. See my other thread.

the ultra smart setup of plesk 8.1 wants 3579KB on my D drive - a CDROM drive. I'd like to know how or even why I'm supposed to give it that.

thankfully, i encountered this while it was just starting the setup. no damage done .. i think.

was forced to cancel - end of story.

SWSoft - try installing this on a single drive system (with a CDROM drive)? specially since plesk doesn't really grow beyond one drive very well anyway.

Oh, just in case its useful - I was trying to upgrade an almost new 7.6.1 installation.

Back