• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Upgrade from 7.6 to 8.1?

R

RobertS

Can I upgrade from Plesk 7.6 to 8.1 without having to buy a new license?

Yes, you can upgrade but you need to retrieve a new license on swsoft website.

So the answer is NO
I have to buy a new license to use Plesk 8.1?

I have bought Plesk 7.6.1 10 days ago. Do I get a new licence for free?

No, you don't need to buy new one, upgrade your Plesk, and when is finish, your Control Panel will auto-get new one from Sw-Soft.

I think you need to buy new one if your plesk key is below version 7.5

Cya

I tried, it doesn't do so :-( I have licence 00000 now :-(((

You need to click retreive key, if you want to upgrade now, but is scheduled to do it auto.

Try tu push "Retrive Key" ;)

Error: Previous license key is not valid.
The number of web sites hosted on the server exceeds the limits defined by your license. You have 22 sites hosted; your license allows hosting only 1 sites. The number of served client accounts exceeds the limits defined by your license. You have 13 client accounts currently served; your license allows serving only 1 client accounts. The number of served e-mail accounts exceeds the limits defined by your license. You have 30 e-mail accounts currently served; your license allows serving only 1 e-mail accounts.

Just wait some minute.... it's take 3-4min for me....

May I ask, did you at any time reupload your key? Because my problem is I DON'T have a KEY in the .exe. I got it on my hosing server (I lease Plesk from them)...

So if you have to reupload the plesk key I am in deep trouble. I mean, I have to call the hosting company and...

I never re-upload my key... i only click "Retreive Key" and after some minute, i got a new key ;)

If not work, you can try "Roll Back Key" and re-try "Retreive Key" to got a new key from plesk.

I have tried it but it doesn't let me roll back my old key as it said it doesn't work.

So you didn't upload any new key from 7.6 to 8.1? Hmmm...

No, i never upload key after upgrade.

But i really don't understand why your key is not "retreived" .... maybe the server is really busy....

Because the licence was invalid, said 0000000. I gues for key 0000000 it doesn't retrieve the key. I think the update forgot my key number :-( But it worked for you...

Are u reboot your server after update? because i got 00000 key too here, but after click "Retreive Key" i got a new one from plesk....

Yes I did of course.

I wonder where the licence number is kept in the registry :-(

Now my licence has come back. I am not sure if the ticket was resolved or I needed a triple reboot... Wierd...

Thanx for helping me...

I have a question... I have DNS recursion in server -> DNS ghosted, anybody else?

My key is also now stating that it is invalid. I've sent a ticket to the Plesk Support to obtain a new one.

other than reinstalling the license, was the upgrade smooth? (do mention how many domains the upgraded server has - it'll help decide if this is better done only on fairly new servers).

I have 22 domains but it was a new upgrade. I had empty Plesk 7.5 and upodated to 7.6.1 and put my 22 domains on and then upgraded to 8.1.

The only thing is that the web update doesn't work. Seems SW soft domain is unreachable from Server4You network.

Back