• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from Plesk 5 question

izghitu

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have Plesk 5.0.4 with a lot of domains and websites
Is it possible to export the domains and all the data then install Plesk 8.0 and import the domains?

How can I do that?

Please help

Thank you

Originally posted by izghitu
Hello,
I have Plesk 5.0.4 with a lot of domains and websites
Is it possible to export the domains and all the data then install Plesk 8.0 and import the domains?

How can I do that?

Please help

Thank you

You may upgrade step-by-step 5->6->7->7.5->8 (beware: there were many bugs in upgrade scripts, don't know whether all of them resolved), or use Migration Manager (may occasionally break horribly).

There's a few people on these forums (myself included, but there's many others) who can provide a professional upgrade for you. There are bugs in the upgraders, but they tend to be recurring issues so someone who handles this sort of thing regularly should know how to deal with them.

Drop 4PSA, myself or one of the others around here an email if you want help.

I agree, psa 5.0.4 to psa 8.0 will be a job.... I would expect a few screw ups that can certainly be fixed, but yes, this is a job for the experts, I would not advise you do this yourself!!

Good Luck :)

Back