• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from v3 to v4, header images of some templates have been changed

F

flupke

upgrade went fine, here a few comments:

-sites using modules like forum,feedback,eshop... need to be republished, this is to convert some data I guess. It is not possible ot edit the page using those modules before having published

-the header pictures of some templates have been changed, 1 customer noticed that already and complain about that. How is it possible to restore old pictures?

Regards,

Flupke

the header pictures of some templates have been changed, 1 customer noticed that already and complain about that. How is it possible to restore old pictures?
you can fix this by using 3.x template packs, those are still available from download1.swsoft.com.

If you are running any rpm or deb-based system, do not use the package manager otherwise you may have troubles upgrading to future versions.

Caustic,
download1.swsoft.com doesn't work anymore. So do we need to reinstall the v3 templates or something to keep our customers sites working?

If we might have trouble upgrading via rpm as swsoft support recommend how should we upgrade? From experience I trust rpms over any auto update features in the past. What do you mean by package manager?

http://www.netvantage.com.au

So at some time in future the existing templates will come back with more of their bugs fixed? But if upgrading in the mean time they need to select new templates?

Netvantage Web Hosting

It is better to use new templates, anyway to avoid already known and corrected issues.
As for header banners, clients can upload custom images (for those templates which do support this feature, of course).

I have the same problem.

When I tried to upload the old banner into the new template I got the message the header was to lage, the maximum is 320x320.

Template av-173
Upgrade from 3.0.2 to 4.1.0
header size 532 x 183

Back