• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade issues from 11.5.30 to 12.0.18

weathermon

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade from 11.5.30 to 12.0.18 however the license check is failing. I ran the commandline installer directly and examined the log file:

File downloading PSA_12.0.18/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 63%..100% was finished.
Exchanging information with licensing server.
Ask KA server for key update: server url=https://ka.parallels.com:5224/xmlrpc product login=PleskLogin current key number=PLSKxxxxxxxxxxxxx to version=12.0.18
libswkey error code is 8
libswkey error description: Software Update Service (SUS) is not found for the given license key. Automatic upgrade is not possible
FileFetcher: get file (~empty)/PSA_12.0.18/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh
File downloading PSA_12.0.18/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 27%..100% was finished.
Exchanging information with licensing server.
Ask KA server for key update: server url=https://ka.parallels.com:5224/xmlrpc product login=PleskLogin current key number=PLSKxxxxxxxxxxxxx to version=12.0.18
libswkey error code is 8
libswkey error description: Software Update Service (SUS) is not found for the given license key. Automatic upgrade is not possible
Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Failed to check whether a new license key is available.

I've hashed out our license key of course. We bought Plesk many years ago and have a license that never expires - not sure what the error code 8 is?

Cheers, Mike

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade from 11.5.30 to 12.0.18 however the license check is failing. I ran the command line installer directly and examined the log file:

libswkey error code is 8

We bought Plesk many years ago and have a license that never expires - Do we need a new license key to be able to use version 12?

Cheers, Mike

Back