1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade MySQL from 4.1.7 to 4.1.13

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Someone, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Someone

Someone Guest

Hello,

I have a server running Plesk 7.5.4 for Windows 2003 std and MySQL 4.1.7. It works almost perfectly. I said almost because sometimes the service stops suddenly. I can't restart the service. Then I reboot the server and everything works fine again.

I see the following entry in the Windows event log:

--------------------------------------------------
    Reporting queued error: faulting application mysqld-nt.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module mysqld-nt.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x001e6eb0.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    --------------------------------------------------

Appearently, mysql was aware of this issue and incorporatde a fix into the recent release of MySQL, here is a link to a post on their forums.

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=5837

My question is: How can i upgrade mysql without breaking Plesk ?

2. vekna

vekna Guest

As i know, you just run MySQL upgrader. I tested it in my test server and all works fine... but it is not production server... in any case i recommend create backup (or Mysql dump) before upgrade

3. Someone

Someone Guest

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please write a short How to ?

Which version do i have to download :

Windows Essentials (x86)
    Windows (x86)
    Without installer (unzip in C:\) ?

Installer is telling that it will remove old installation !!??

Also, it's not choosing automatically directory where MySQL is installed (c:/Program Files/swsoft/plesk/databases/)

4. Someone

Someone Guest

I used Windows (x86) and upgraded 3 servers.

Everything went normal. Thank you.