• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade Option

C

chrisl@

Hello,

As I have posted earlier I have a FC3 install that I need to upgrade. I am not getting any responses on the other threads so I thought I would ask another question.

If I do a full backup using pleskbackup. Blow away the box, do a totally new install of FC6, install latest psa, then restore from my full backup will everything be there that I need? Can you do this? Is there any guides for doing something like this?

I only have one or two custom things on the box that I could manually copy off, other then those the box is basic FC3 and Plesk with no 3rd party stuff.

-chrisl

From what i udnerstand, you can't restore old Plesk backup into new Plesk version. You can restore the backup to the same version of Plesk.

If I do a full backup using pleskbackup. Blow away the box, do a totally new install of FC6, install latest psa, then restore from my full backup will everything be there that I need?

Yes. Just make sure you have the latest version of Plesk before you run pleskbackup, so you'll be restoring on the same version of Plesk as where you ran the backup on.

Is there any guides for doing something like this?

The Backup/Restore docs explain the commands to run.

Note that FC6 too will be EOL early 2008 or so. You might want to look into a distribution with a longer lifecycle if you're not into upgrading your OS every year. I recommend using CentOS instead.

Back