• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade PHP 5.3.10 on Plesk 11.0.9 (plesk11) for joomla 3.3.0

tenoch

New Pleskian
Hi
Is there support in Plesk, for PHP 5.3.10?
Or, is there a way, to upgrade to PHP 5.3.10?

I upgraded a joomla site, to joomla 3.3.0, and is not working, saying the next message:

"Your host needs to use PHP 5.3.10 or higher to run this version of Joomla!"

Currently, I am using Plesk 11.0.9 Update #61
PHP 5.3.3
CentOS 6 x64

Thanks

Last edited:
I do'nt like this as resolution, because Joomla! application package installation fails also to too old php version, so that APS is broken.

PHP support is installed and upgraded by microupgrades or by Parallels installer / Plesk Install and Update Parallels Products utility / Update Components.

Tweaking php manually is bad choice because it may break security.

hv

Joomla Installs without Correct php Version - then takes site down and gives warning

I am also worried about installing 2 versions of php 5.3 on the same server. I stay with supported versions as determined by Plesk.

Leave it to Joomla Team.

A client felt they should upgrade Joomla, Joomla installed without warning or stopping due to lack of the correct php version.
It installed and Now we have no site, just a warning.

Seems like the warning should have happened before install and the install should have been stopped.

Brad

It is not Joomla team issue.
Joomla (and Drupal) needs php 5.3.10 ant it is Plesk team issue to get microupdate for php 5.3.10 or later.

Hv

Currently, I am using Plesk 11.0.9 Update #61
PHP 5.3.3
CentOS 6 x64
It is not Joomla team issue.
Joomla (and Drupal) needs php 5.3.10 ant it is Plesk team issue to get microupdate for php 5.3.10 or later.
Hv

php 5.3.3 was installed from vendor (centOS) repository.
Parallels do not provide its custom php for now, so as a solution you can ugrade it using third-party repositories.

php 5.3.3 was installed from vendor (centOS) repository.
Parallels do not provide its custom php for now, so as a solution you can ugrade it using third-party repositories.

Thansk Igor I've read this ansver from many other posts too.

How erver it does not change fact that some of wery important featuires are currently broken.

- Installing Apllication packages for Joomla and Drupal are broken, installation fails on all my servers.
- If automatic uptaes for Joomla are on, they are broken on _all sites_
- my customers try to update their Joomla installations or Drupal installations they either fail or get groken sites, all of them.

Plesk has its own security models, tweaking update sources will break it.
I dont think that 3dr party repositories will create microupdate or anything else to solve this situation. ( How ever if Parallels makes one, then it will be solution)

Asof now Plesk is broken, its php5 support is broken, it does not support 2nd and 3rd of most used CMS systems. That is really bad.

Mr. Hannu Virta
ICT engineer
Parallels Plesk certified professional
virta.net internetservices

PHP support is not directly maintained by Plesk. By upgrading the PHP version which is installed on your server, you wont break the functionality of Plesk. You can upgrade to PHP 5.5 (for example) without any problems.

Back